CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows ME
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 25, 2003, 12:03 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

sponsored links

I agree. The only way is to go through the tree view in explorer and the registry, then use a utility like System Mechanic or similar to remove dll's etc.
Old Aug 26, 2003, 01:14 PM

Once again guy's, thanks removing the files mentioned appear to have done the trick. I removed norton's software ages ago but still find norton files over my computer. The problem that I still have is when I boot up....... Windows explorer also appears no big deal I just close the window down and away I go, but what is annoying is I cannot for the life of me get the hierarchy view on the left pane, even in the folder options I have check what is necessary but to no avail. I have erased the HHkey\User\Software\Microsoft\currentversion\explo rer..........bit! but still the same also the explorer windows don't remember my view settings.

Thanks in advance.