CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:33 PM

sponsored links

I just tried this with wwe smackdown 2 for psx just to see if it loads.. it installed and everything but when i loaded up smackdown 2 it just started the game... does it depend on the memory card? i have a madcatz ps2 memory card.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 11:10 PM

ok i figured it out now.. it works somewhat but i think i still need a bigger TOC disc
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:25 AM

nevermindgames, hope you can help me out. here is my problem. i have a version 9 ps2 with flip top. as you are probably aware swapmagic 2.0 cd is not compatible with version 9 ps2's. as of now i am only able to play dvd games. being unable to load sm 2.0, gs, and even ar (all are non-compatible with us ver.9 ps2's) i have no way to boot cogswap cd or cdloader to install to my memory card. The only viable option i have is through the x-port. if i could get the files needed for x-port i can then transfer them to my mem card and finally be able to boot ps2 cd games and some as of now unplayable dvd games. this girl certainly isnt lazy and i will say your instructions are very well laid out, it doesnt help me though because i have no way to boot. please,please pretty please can you help this frustrated and desperatr girl out? sorry for the drawn out reply. i have no one else to turn to. thanks, kimberlee.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:33 AM

mmm, i dont think i can help you :-(. i just dont think there is a way in your case. you say x-port can load files to mc??? or just "x-port"??? there is a program called n-port, but i think you need to have atleast mcloader on the mc previously. My only suggestion is to download what i posted, burn it out, and load it on another ps2 :-(.

i didnt know v9 couldnt do that, it might not be able to do the ps1drv exploit either...i really dont think it could. However, it still might, so your best bet would be to try another ps2.

if your feeling "ballzy", you could try to do the normal gs2 swap method, like get to screen where it says press x to continue or square to go back, and forcefully stop the dvd and replace it with your cdr :/. i dont think it could harm anything since they actually sell devices that do this for you, however i could be wrong.

find a friend with a older ps2, that is your best shot. Then again, the exploit might not work at all, i havent heard of anyone trying it yet with a v9 console.

i'll post back if i hear something.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:51 AM

thank you for your quick reply. the x-port is a usb connection that runs from the ps2(memory card) to my pc. there are sights that show how it is done (creating a cogswap file and renaming it as an x-port save). it can then be processed directly from my pc to memory card. ive tried for 2 days and just cannot figure out all this dos stuff that seems to be required. if you are willing to help me, i can send you links to the sites with downloads and tutorials needed. i wouldnt blame you, it seems time consuming. thanks again for the quick reply. kiss, kimberlee
Old Nov 18, 2003, 12:53 AM

it shouldnt be a problem on a version 9. it definitely boots ps1 cds, so i think it will work. of course what do i know.