CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows ME
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 07, 2004, 11:51 AM

Question Can't get on line [Gateway; Pentium 3; winME]

sponsored links

I have just bought a Gateway Pentium 3 computer running M.E. off a friend, he has done a system restore before selling it to me and now I can't get onto the internet with it. Modem seems to work ok as I can hear it dialling and handshaking but as soon as it gets to the point of making connection the modem drops out.

Any ideas on what to try, my guess is it is a setting or something similar that has altered after the restore but I don't know enough about it to find out.

Hope somebody out there can help

Posting Rules