CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 10, 2009, 01:07 PM

sponsored links

Ok so I am trying to do the same but am not having any luck. Am using a Cat5 ethernet cable to connect my laptop and xbox. Can't tell atm if this is right or if i need another type of crossover cable.
When ever I try and set up the Internet connection sharing I get an error message come up just saying that an error occured. Can anyone help!?!?!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:53 PM

yes u can use ur wireless net from ur laptop for ur xbox live, thats how i play and i dont lag at all and im using my neighbors wireless net lol

1st.
u need to do is make sure u have an eithernet cable and hook it to ur xbox then to ur laptop

2nd.
u need to do is go into ur control pannel

3rd.
is go to network and internet and then click network and sharing center

4th.
in the sharing center on ur left in the task pane click manage network connections

5th.
u need to bridge 2 connections, i myself bridge my wireless (linksys) to my local area connection(to bridge highlight both connections then rightclick and then click bridge)

6th.
now turn on ur xbox/xbox360 and text ur connection and then u should b good to go hope this helps and have fun playing
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:28 AM

Exclamation Help

Hi, i bridged the connections and everything was working fine, but i only wanted the bridge for when i was playing xbl downstairs. However i generally play in my room and the ethernet cable reaches the modem, however after bridging the connections for a one off i now cannot connect with the cable plugged into the modem, trying to save electricity! Help Please
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:44 AM

Default ^^

Problem solved no need for help, just had to reboot xbox
Old Sep 04, 2009, 07:30 PM

********gameolosophy.com/consoles/xbox/xbox-360-live-connection-through-ethernet-and-wireless-computer/

a good guide i found..hope i helped
Old Nov 10, 2011, 06:30 AM

I am so lucky I found this post. I recently bought a gaming laptop and had no ideea how to connect it to my Xbox. But it worked...the experience is mindblowing!
Thanks a lot!