CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:56 PM

Default Issues with FireWire external drive

sponsored links

Hey guys, I have a Sony Vaio computer with a firewire port and 8 USB 2.0 ports on it. I've noticed that my external firewire drive is slow to respond when I click on folders and such. Infact, it will sometimes crash and I have to cancel the drive operation in task manager under windows XP. Thing is, when I hook up my USB external drive, there is no lag and is very responsive to my clicks within folders.

Now, I thought perhaps, it was the drive inside the firewire case causing this, so I switched out the drives in the USB and firewire cases and got the same results. I've had all updates done to my computer from the windows update thing.

not sure what else to do.

help!