CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:03 PM

Default gramm 77

sponsored links

Totally agree with you m8
Sunfly are just churning out disks of which I have used 2% of in the last 12 months.Even young audiences are asking for robbie,elvis,elton etc.
Mind you ,have you tried singing some of the crap in the charts,it appears that a lot of the modern stuff is written on the basis of see how many words you can get into a 3 minute track and not medley anymore.
i.e Tony Christie must have had the biggest selling single this year !
CHEERS
C.C
Old Sep 20, 2005, 09:51 PM

Default absolutly

i'm trying to think actually of recent songs that have been done on my karaoke ......amirillo gets done obviously , green days boulevard , wake me up when sept ends , ???? after that no other track has been touched that is recent - ish ......its true the current stuff no one wants to do , too much rap shyte in the charts anyway , ..thats why from now on i'm only gonna select in the books stuff i know will get touched , out of 6,680 odd songs its the same 500 that get battered . i use the ek 1 to 52 series more than anything else /. even more than sunflys believe it or not ....
Old Sep 21, 2005, 07:53 AM

Default agreed!

Yep, I agree.
In fact the only person at my gigs that regularly sings new songs is me!
I like to do it to be a bit different.
I leave the obvious stuff to everybody else!
recent winners have been "You're beautiful" by James Blunt and "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. both of these get a good reaction.
Also A bit of Razorlight "Golden Touch" and Coral "In the Morning".
My daughter (age 10) likes to try new stuff also like Black eyed peas, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, etc.
But, the oldies...50's and 60's will always be the classic songs for karaoke.
with the 80's stuff close behind.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 08:37 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarry
I have 20,000 in my books. They are double columns font size is 10 and my books have 226 pages.
WHAT SONG BOOK CREATOER DO YOU USE, I use kj pro and i have 80.000 songs and over 800 pages,double column and if i use excel it would be 1400 pages,it takes a handtruck almost to lift books,i was wondering if anybody had a way to put that many songs into 300 pages?
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:22 PM

I use Hoster by MTU to host my Karaoke and it has it's own songbook creator. It prints it out using Word.

Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:04 AM

Default massive song books

I think massive song books are just off putting.

The first thing I did was to take out dupicate songs.
I (sad in the extreme) listened to every song that I had more than one version, and kept the best one in the book.
The book went from a carefully selected 12,500 songs to a carefully selected and extremely well sorted 8,200.
All the same songs are there, but its a lot easier to read and just looks better.
I still feel the book is too big!

I am thinking of taking a couple of "full books" and then some really slimmed down ones with probably the most obvious and best 1000 to 2000 songs in.
If any of the regulars want to sing anything else they will just ask me if I have it anyway. And the "passing trade" one song merchants usually want something obvious anyway.
After all, I bet most karaokes do not have more than about 500 songs sung over a couple of years even if you are doing 3 gigs a week!