CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows Vista
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:14 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
BTW 20% of all mans DNA is now copyrighted
so befor you use YOUR head ask the owner 1st.

That shouldn't bother you as you don't fit in that category.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:43 AM

I tried Vista a couple days ago. I like that my games run better now. :P
Old Jan 31, 2007, 03:13 PM

Default Don't go Vista!

Okay, let's see if I can write on here. If I can great. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I've looked at the Windows Vista web page and looked that requirements for the system. Windows Vista looks like a program that eats up a lot of resources! If anyone knows anything about PCs or computers in general, when I computer eats up a lot of resources you are always going to have programs in the background trying to access those resources which ends up on some program crashing. I've become very unassociated with microsoft just recently because I was able to get my Fedora Core running great with everything I use; wifi networking, web browsing, video/editting, imaging, networking in general, ect.... Fedora has more features to offer me than any release Windows could offer me in XP and what I saw in Vista not much more improves. I suggest that people who really want to get their hands dirty with a real computer (PC or Mac) use Linux. You'll definitely learn more and it is way more stable and secure than either MacOS or Windows. Plus what I brought up at the beginning about this new Windows Vista eating away at your resources. It's because Windows doesn't know how to manage it resources very well thats why it needs so many. A 1ghz processor? I know a lot of people at least have that much on their computer, but common if that is the minimal then there something to think about there. 512mb or 1gb of RAM. Now this is ridiculous! The minimal should be 256mb for your OS then the other programs can use the rest. but 512 for just the OS is just stupid. 15gbHDD availability w/ at least 40gig total. I know hard drives are really huge already, but for any past version of Windows the minimal you needed was 2gb. I found that any distro of linux does really well at what you got on your system. Just depending on how much of an install you want to do on your computer. I installed all features and software shipped out with my distro of Fedora and it only took up 10gb of my 30gb partition. I've recently have redone my laptop so I could have more availability for Fedora - only 10gb for Windows XP and 50gb for Fedora. This gives me so much more room for all the extras, games, updates. Geese, I could get into another discussion as why Linux has more to offer than Windows XP or Vista will ever offer the user. Common now, leave Windows to the rest of the world that doesn't know much about computers and just want a quick and easy fix up to use their PC. For all the rest of us who actually know something about computers, change to Linux because you know Windows is a piece of ....! As far as MacOS, Iím not going to say much since it has been and always will beat Microsoft Windows since it is based on the same great technology as Linux. Although it is still a quick and easy setup for the MacÖ. I do love the feel of the Mac interface! Not to mention a use of the Unix terminal/command line when needed.
Old Feb 02, 2007, 08:34 PM

Everyone is entiled to their opion. buit the facts of the indrustrie is with the improvements in hardware 4 gig duel. what will you do with that much memory but run a game that require less than a quarter of that. why not get an OS that is real user freindly and pretty stable. i personally see that you it is very good from novice users all the way up to the pro's, but everyone has their own forte.