CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 31, 2007, 02:49 AM

Default Data Recovery Company Recommendations

sponsored links

Can anyone recommend a data Recovery Company? Like anyone who's had a hard drive crash, I don't want to trust the recovery of my image files to an inexperienced outfit. I have/had a LaCie d2 Big Disk 500GB with about 400GB of files on it. Evidently, the problem is most likely electronic, as there is a small hole burned on the control card. Some of the files are backed up, but not all, and they are all important to me.
It's my understanding that the 2 Maxtor drives inside are RAID O configured, which makes recovering the files more complicated. If it's risky to fix, then I want to use a reliable, established company.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
If you are pretty sure it is the control board, you can do what the recovery company would probably do anyway...that is to replace the electronics.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re:Data Recovery Company Recommendations

For a proprietary drive like the Big Disk, the easiest and probably the most cost effective thing to do is to buy another drive. Assuming that the circuit board dying hasnít corrupted the data, you should be able to swap the drives out of the new unit and put your older drives in. If all is well, you will see your data. But if still there is any problem recovering your data then I will suggest you to go to data recovery labs. They will recover your data with a snatch of fingers. Few days ago my friend working in MNC came with a terror on his face. From him I came to know about how he has lost his data, with the system crash. He was supposed give very important information in his company. My friends and me tried our best to recover but failed. Then we decided to go to data recovery labs. The first lab, which we came across, didnít work out well. Finally we reach SAlvageData Recovery Lab at Inc., 76 Progress Drive, Corporate Park, Stamford, CT 06902. Guess what it was just unexpected; he got all his data he had lost. Nice lab I must say. As you go to the lab you must tell them what exactly has happen i.e. how you have lost your data and what you did to recover it but failed etc. etc.
All the best.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 01:43 AM

Default EASEUS Data Recovery

Hi,
there are many file retrieval programs that can undelete files from hard drive, floppies, zip discs (even after a quick or complete format in some cases) and I believe from flash cards as well.

As for them being 'free', some are I guess but I suspect most won't be.

I recently used EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard 3.0 on a 100mb zip disc and it retrieved everything I ever put on it including copies of copies of copies etc... it got back 1.3 gb of data (saved to the HD) and some with folder structure or original file names but some with no, but I got back what I wanted from the quick formatted disc that I hadn't used for years.

There may be better programs available to be sure.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 01:54 AM

EASEUS Data Recovery
Old Apr 05, 2007, 08:40 AM

I know a good company - Recovery Toolbox Ltd. In this company possible rise above one program ***********.oemailrecovery.com/zip_fix.html
for repair damaged zip archives, files from CD, DVD, and other devices.

Last edited by zlatan24; Apr 05, 2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:09 PM

Thumbs up hard drive data recovery company

I had my hard drive crashed (click of death) and I used by recommendtion (of coruse) Databe.com, very good company. Very reasonable fee, fast time turnaround. I'd strongly recommend them. Their web: www.databe.com