I have a problem that is driving me hopping mad...
Old pc, running on XP SP3 Professional (OS installation is pretty as much clean as it gets. A while ago i performed a fresh installation of XP SP3, and installed Office 2010 along with it, also Adobe Acrobat 8 and printer drivers for a HP 2575 Photosmart all-in-one printer.
[B]Nothing else[/B] was installed. This machine is in use for e-mail and occasional office (word,excel) use only.
Untill about 2 weeks ago, it worked like a charm, but for no perticular reason, the printer stopped working. Whenever i try to print, the print jobs hangs. In the printer status monitor, it says printer is [B]offline[/B].
That is strange, because it most defenately is [B]online[/B].
No matter what i try, the blasted thing will not print.
What i tried so far:
* reset the printer to factory settings
* uninstalled and re-installed the (original) drivers
* replaced cables (power and USB)
* tried to connect it as a network printer (LAN for USB)
* reset the printer spooler
* cursed the @!#$ thing
* browsed the web for days searching a solution
* pulled out my hair is distress
* considering to smack it to bits with a large hammer
nothing seems to work...
help me please?