CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 14, 2002, 07:18 PM

Default Software to write photos to CD Rom [Dell Dimension; 4100; winXP]

sponsored links

I wish to scan photos, write them to a CD Rom and share them with more than 10 friends. I want them to be able to acquire the photos and print them selectively from the CD. I also want them to be able to view the CD photos easily and probably do some other things that I'm not thinking of right now (such as maybe a slide show.) I don't want them to need special software to view or access the pictures. Is there some software that you used and were pleased with that I could order? Is there simply something within Windows that I could use?

I also have a limited version of Nero 5.5 that came with my TDK CD burner.
Old Aug 14, 2002, 07:29 PM
Veteran

I thought you just burn as regular JPG/BMP, but i'm not 100% sure.
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:19 PM
Banned

Upgrade to XP, XP can do a slide with no special software. With nero you can burn them just like Badidoh said. Otherwise in other windows you can just print then by click on them on the cd. Otherwise if you want software to make a side show I would say [URL=***********.roxio.com/en/products/ecdc/index.jhtml]EasyCD Crematory and then you can add music or they can use a software like [URL=***********.acdsystems.com/English/Products/ImagingProducts/Featured1/index.htm]ACDSee then they can make their own slide show. I would say stick with Nero and let them do want that want after they look at them.

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
is probably the day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners."
- Ernst Jan Plugge
Old Aug 15, 2002, 04:14 PM
Veteran

If you burn your pictures as a Video CD or Super video cd in Nero, people with a DVD player which supports VCD can show the images on their TV sets.
If you set a tick in "Store source pictures in...", you get the images in full resolution in a folder too, if you want to acess the images from a PC.
Old Aug 16, 2002, 01:14 AM
Veteran

The EZCD5 slide show is pretty neat but if you don't want to spend money try some from this link ********downloads-zdnet.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=slide+show&tg=dl-2001. You can then burn the exe file or just the pictures onto CD with Nero.