CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 29, 2002, 06:58 AM

Default My DC wont play US Games no more

sponsored links

Hi there
well see i bought one of those asian dreamcasts when it first came out and has since then installed a modchip in it ot play just us games(its an older tech that lets u only play imports). it was working fine until recently.. when discs like d2 i bought had to be booted up with utopia bootdisk in order to play,... and skies of arcadia wont even load. if i tried using the utopia boot disk it would initialize to the loadding % symbol and just freeze there while my GDdrom makes weird noises. keep in mind that all japanese originals and backups would play but US originals wont. i guess my question is
1) is there any other way to boot up my US originals with another boot disk?
2) mine plays backups fine but i didnt want to play the ripped vrsion of SOA becuz i am worried that my laser will die from reading that ripped disc. is that true or just a rumour?
Old Feb 08, 2002, 10:41 PM

well the laser wont die but you made something worse than using backups on the DC (INSTALL A MODCHIP) I have my DC since is out been using backups 3 months later after it was released and then since that my dc still fine never "betrayed me" and works fine you just made a mistake installing the modchip and the laser wont die I promise
Old Feb 08, 2002, 10:50 PM

I am having a similar problem ( i dont care though ). My DC doesnt want to boot any of the games i bought since ive been playing backups for a while. I dont have an answer for you but just wanted to let you know that youre not the only one with this problem.

PS: i dont have a modchip either
Old Mar 14, 2002, 08:56 PM

zzure.
how would me installing a modchip kill the dc? i installed it for bout a year and the mod allowed me to play us games fine.
i am bout to give my dc my final haul....playing ripped soa on it
hehe!!