CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 27, 2003, 12:36 AM

Default xbox unable to play dvd-r games

sponsored links

i bought some xbox games from a friend, he told me all the games that he sold is working fine. but when i bought them and take them home only some of them works, the only ones that work is the one that's the same brand but other brand like tdk won't boot. some of the games are 2 games in one cd. how to i get them to work...what program should i use...
Old Jun 27, 2003, 01:28 AM

try it on another xbox to see if its really the game or your xbox. you might have a crappy laser in your xbox so test it on another xbox, you dont need any program to play backup.

another option is to ftp the game into your xbox harddrive and play from there.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 03:21 AM
Veteran

your friend's xbox probably has a different dvd drive then yours.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 05:02 AM
Veteran

Default Re: xbox unable to play dvd-r games

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by SnowCrust [/i]
[B]i bought some xbox games from a friend, he told me all the games that he sold is working fine. but when i bought them and take them home only some of them works, the only ones that work is the one that's the same brand but other brand like tdk won't boot. some of the games are 2 games in one cd. how to i get them to work...what program should i use... [/B]
Yeah it sounds like it is a media issue. Eject the tray on your XBOX DVD Drive and the tray on his XBOX DVD Drive and do a comparison with the pic below.
[IMG]***********.home.no/emus/tutorial/philips_thomson_samsung.jpg[/IMG]
Old Jun 27, 2003, 07:24 PM

i have a samsung drive, ive heard it can boot any type of cd-r and dvd-r, if that's the case then media type dont really matter...about ftp it to my xbox, when i use flashfxp to copy the games to xbox there werent anything in drive d, what should i do on that...?