CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 27, 2008, 08:32 AM

Default How to free download music from windows media player to iPod

sponsored links

When I want to convert a bunch of my DRM wma music (which I free downloaded from windows media player) to iTunes for my new purchased iPod touch I found a window popped up which said the wma files are protected and can’t be converted. So, I did a Google search and found these two tools ( A plug-in and a [b]DRM converter[/b] ) to help me directly sync my DRM wma free download music from windows media player to my iPod.
The following is how I directly free download DRM wma to iPod with the windows media player plug-in and the DRM converter.

[b]Part one: How to free download DRM wma music[/b]
[b]Part two: How to directly sync Windows Media Player to iPod[/b]
[b]Part Three: How to convert DRM wma to iPod[/b]

[b]Part one: How to free download DRM wma music[/b]

You can free download the DRM wma music from this online store:
www.wmp11cn.farolatino.com

[img]***********.daniusoft.com/images/news/download-drm-music.png[/img]

[b]Click[/b] the “[b]DOWNLOAD MUSIC[/b]” button and enter the free music world to free download DRM wma music.
([b]Note[/b]: You should register before download)

[b]Part two: How to directly sync Windows Media Player to iPod[/b]

[b]Step 1[/b]
Free download the windows media player to iPod plug-in MGTEK dopisp and install it.
***********.mgtek.com/dopisp/

[b]Step 2[/b]
Connect iPod to you computer, start Windows Media Player

MGTEK dopisp is not a stand-alone application, but a plug-in for Windows Media Player. To start MGTEK dopisp, you simply start [b]Windows Media Player[/b]. A few seconds after you plug in your iPod, you will see an [b]iPod icon[/b] (1) in the tree-view to the left. To sync songs, click the [b]Sync tab[/b] (2) and a new pane will open to the right. At the top-right you will see the status and the remaining space left on your [b]iPod[/b] (3). At the bottom-right you will see the [b]Sync List[/b] (4), which is where you drag & drop the songs you wish to copy to your iPod. To start syncing the songs in the sync list, you simply click [b]Start Sync[/b] (5).

[img]***********.daniusoft.com/images/news/media-player.png[/img]

[b]Note[/b]: You should invalid the sync automatically box to only sync the files in you sync list(4), or the media player will automatically sync all music files in your library when you press the Start Sync (5).

1. Start the Windows Media Player, connect your iPod to your computer, and then click the Sync tab(2).
2. From the tree-view to the left, right-click the iPod icon (1) and click Set Up Sync.
3. Uncheck Sync this device automatically.

[img]***********.wmatomp3-converter.com/images/article/windows-media.png[/img]

[b]Step 3[/b]
Sync music file to your iPod.
For the local unprotected music, windows media player will directly convert wma to iPod. But if the music in your library or download from the online store are [b]DRM wma[/b] files the windows media player will automatically skip them, so if you want to convert [b]DRM wma to iPod[/b] you will need this specialized DRM converter to help you convert the DRM wma to mp3 format before sync.

[b]Part Three: How to convert DRM wma to iPod[/b]

Download this WMA to MP3 Converter

***********.wmatomp3-converter.com/wma-mp3-converter.html

[img]***********.wmatomp3-converter.com/images/article/wma-mp3.png[/img]

After conversion, put the converted music to your “music folder” as I mentioned in the Tips 2, or you can directly set the "music folder" as your output path, then sync them to your iPod.

[b]Tips[/b]:
1. I used the [b]windows media play 11[/b] to install the plug-in.
2. Windows media player will automatically select the [b]“my music”[/b] folder (which is in “my document” folder) as the “library” folder. So if you want to add music to media player library you need to copy the music files to “My music” folder.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyjump View Post
Nice job, This is a really useful guide for those iPod users.

Thanks.
Thanks for reply, after all it's hard to find so many legally free music nowadays.

Hope this guide can help those people who really need it.
Enjoy.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 03:47 AM

Hey, buddy, It took me three hours to complete this guide, why it seems no body was interested in

after I posted it here for almost three weeks ?
Please...... I need more voice.

Thxxxxxxxxxx.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:23 PM

Thanks for your introducing about download mucic from windows media player to IPOD. I i won't worry.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 05:57 AM

I downloaded some free music from the website, and the DRM converter is also very useful if it can be totally free But as I know people who have a iPod usually use the iTunes to purchase and sync music, so I don't think the windows media converter plug-in can be accepted by much of the iPod users.

But whatever, thanks for the free resource and a nice shareware. Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
I downloaded some free music from the website, and the DRM converter is also very useful if it can be totally free But as I know people who have a iPod usually use the iTunes to purchase and sync music, so I don't think the windows media converter plug-in can be accepted by much of the iPod users.

But whatever, thanks for the free resource and a nice shareware. Cheers.
Thanks for reply, whatever you can get from this article, it's a reward for me.