CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 06:12 PM

Default 2 second gap on audio cds -- help plz --

sponsored links

Hi,

i'm having problems burning some mix cds from mp3 i have. i have a mp3 album that i converted to wav and then burnt using easy cd creator 4 and it just made coasters. I put disk at once (to get rid of the 2 sec gap between wav file) and it just burnt nothing but ruined the cd.

I have an old creative cdrw 4x2x24. The thing is when doing one to one cd copying it works fine....2 sec gap removed.

i have also tried nero very old version and choose disk at once and made gap between tracks 0 but that burnt the cd with a milisecond gap between tracks albeit not 2 sec ones.

please if someone could help i would be really appreciative cus i'm wasting a lot of cdr's on this problem.

mr g
Old Jan 22, 2002, 06:33 PM

Yep, DAO is a must for getting rid of the gaps, in fact it's the only "legal" mode of burning audio.

However, not all writers were able to burn DAO, all the new burners do it, but are you sure your old Creative can?
Old Jan 22, 2002, 07:47 PM
Veteran

The gap is most likely coming from the MP3 file itself. You will need to trim the silence at the end of the MP3. MP3Trim is good for this since it doesn't require resampling the MP3. Download from ***********.logiccell.com/~mp3trim/
Old Jan 23, 2002, 07:20 PM

thanx...well updated all the drivers ASPI and firmware. Updated nero..had ver 4.0 so updated it to burn mp3's properly.

it seems to be working now. thanks keymaster for the mp3 cropping software link. that is coming in handy.

cheers

mr g