CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 07, 2002, 05:03 PM

Default Please Please Help ! Panasonic Tv & Ntsc Dvd Output Problem !!

sponsored links

OK Im nearly going mad here guys so please please can someone read this and let me know what I can do !

Ive got a Panasonic PK2 28" widescreen TV. It is supposedly multi - standard capable (and I never had any problems when viewing any NTSC Dreamcast games). The problem I have is that when I try to output any NTSC encoded DVD in NTSC via RGB using the on screen menu settings on the DVD player I get a kind of horizontal "banding" effect which is most noticable when there are a light and dark area on the screen. The light section bands horizontally across the whole width of the screen !

I currently have an ALBA 108 player which doesnt suffer this problem when on NTSC, but unfortunately this player skips on my DVDRs so Im looking for a replacement model. The SCHNEIDER DVD 857 from Asda doesnt have this problem either, but the playback quality was pretty average on DVD and VCD/SVCD.

Ive managed to get an ALBA 114 from Argos today and the player is fantastic. Really great OSD and fantastic playback and plays all discs Ive tried so far.....but it suffers the problem of banding - even when you set it to output an NTSC disc in PAL.

Ive had the same NTSC problem with these players so far:

ALBA 114
PACIFIC 1002
CYBERHOME 528
CYBERHOME 402

So Im beginning to think that my TV just cant handle certain "versions" of NTSC via an RGB scart connection.

Has anyone else here experienced a problem with a Panasonic PK TV and NTSC output from a DVD player ? If so, how did you get around it ?

I would really like to keep the ALBA 114 as its the best player Ive tried so far for the money (69.99) but I need to know if this NTSC prob can be sorted out !

Does anyone have the key sequence to access the Panasonic engineers menu ? Perhaps there is something in there that I could tweak at the TV end of things ?

Cheers !

[email]j.gladwin@gmx.net[/email]