CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 03, 2003, 07:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by andyr [/i]
[B]If you think about it logically, why would manufacturers make any bios updates (and the programs used to update/flash a bios) available to the general public if there was more chance of messing up a system rather than upgrading it?

These days, the only real thing you have to worry about is if your computer loses power while the flash is in progress [/B]
No one said there was a greater risk but there is [B]some[/B] risk. If the pc works & you won't get any benefits from flashing the bios then don't muck about with it. In this case though I would agree it [B]is[/B] worth while.

Think the main problem is people using the wrong bios file. If you are going to flash it be 110% sure you have the correct one.

As for finding the m/b revision your best bet is to take the side off the case & see if it's printed on the board.