CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 04, 2003, 11:30 PM

Default ps2 stuff

sponsored links

hey all
I was reading in the sticky's about all this ps2 stuff and got lots of info. I was reading that HP100i is no good to burn ps2 games. Is this true? It says dvd+rewritable on my cpu. If it's not then is it good for anything? Also what is the best newsgroup to get images for ps2 games and best software for it. I have nero, clonecd and recordmax are these good? Thank-you in advance.
P.s also i hear that pioneer A05 or something like that is the best dvd burner on the market right. Is this expensive? I live in Canada Thanks again!!
Another thing what are the best cd's and dvd's to but to burn these games. Can dvd-rw be used?

Last edited by anaconda; Aug 04, 2003 at 11:57 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2003, 12:36 AM
suspended

Hi

[b]I was reading that HP100i is no good to burn ps2 games. Is this true? [/b]
Some of our members report that their PS2 with some modchips will read DVD+RW discs, others not. So you should read through the posts to find out more.

[b]It says dvd+rewritable on my cpu. If it's not then is it good for anything?[/b]
The HP100i only burns DVD+RW discs , it will not burn DVD+R, so it's good for burning discs for devices that read DVD+RW , that's all.

[b]Also what is the best newsgroup to get images for ps2 games[/b]
You can't ask that here, read the forum rules
[b] and best software for it. I have nero, clonecd and recordmax are these good? Thank-you in advance.[/b]
Read through the tutorials on burning games to see what software to use

[b] P.s also i hear that pioneer A05 or something like that is the best dvd burner on the market right. Is this expensive? I live in Canada Thanks again!![/b]
The A05 is a very good DVD-R / DVD-RW burner, Expensive? well that depends on your budget?
[b]Another thing what are the best cd's and dvd's to but to burn these games. Can dvd-rw be used?[/b]

Media questions get asked too often, take a moment to read back through posts to see what opinions are on media.
PS2 can read DVD-RW but you have a DVD+RW burner.
Old Aug 05, 2003, 12:40 AM

you can get the pioneer for less than $200 which is not a lot...
Old Aug 05, 2003, 09:42 AM

darkman
so if you were me would you try to brn the games with the dvd-rw discs? or just get the pioneer writer. What would i do with the the hp100i? Thanks for help.

Sorry could you point me to the right direction to dvd-rw forums?

Last edited by anaconda; Aug 05, 2003 at 10:08 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2003, 09:43 AM

ivel
That's not bad 200.00. I'm in Canada you know where the best place to get it would be?
Old Aug 05, 2003, 01:49 PM
Veteran

Honestly I would post that HP 100 on ebay as quickly as possible so that you can get some $ out of it. It is a DVD+RW only drive so that means you've got two strikes against you already. 1. It is RW format only 2. It is + format which isn't quite as compatible as - format. A quality DVD-R disc is your best bet. You can pick up the Pioneer 106 (dual format so it supports both - and + formats) for $190USD shipped from www.allmediaoutlet.com Or you can pick up the 105 from them for $155USD shipped. Since you are in Canada though you would have to pay extra $ for shipping.