CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 98
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 13, 2003, 10:34 AM

Default Nvidia Graphics Card Problem [Dell; ; win98SE]

sponsored links

I have a dell dimension 4100 which came with a Nvidia Riva TNT 2 model 64mb Graphics Card in it (among other things!). But i also have another computer with an AMD processor and it has an on board graphics accelerator which is of no use whatsoever as it doesnt support most good games. So I tried transferring the Nvidia Graphics card from the dell into the "AMD" computer's agp slot. I had removed all display drivers and when I powered up the AMD with the Nvidia card installed the monitor went to "off" mode. The Monitor only responds when plugged into onboard graphics card. Why is this? Just wondering is it possible to use a Graphics Card supplied in a dell computer in any other computer?
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:12 AM
Veteran

Hi m8

just basics really,have you disabled the on board graphics in the AMD system in the BIOS.....?

Smiffy
Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:10 PM
Veteran

Some of MBs have a jumper for disabling the on board build video card. Read the manual for your MB, search BIOS, verify in Device Manager if a driver isn't yet present. After that, take and install the last driver version from the manufacturer's site for your "mobile" video card. It might solve many problems.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 04:46 AM
Veteran

You might want to check the board voltage to make sure it's compatible with the motherboard.