CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 02, 2002, 03:11 PM
Veteran

Exclamation Need help getting Liteon DVD reader to read at proper speed....

sponsored links

Sorry mods, I know I posted a similar one in the DVD forum, but I've not had much success, and it is more a techy problem than dvd encoding, etc....!

I have a Liteon 163D dvd reader which I use for ripping dvds. Before it ripped at around 6/7x and did a whole dvd in about 10 minutes. However. I had a big system crash and had to reinstall Windows XP and since it only rips at 1x, whether I use Smartripper or DVD Decrypter. DMA is set (I didn't touch any of the jumpers or anything else on the drive), and I've also upgraded the firmware to the latest (after no success) but no change.

I've used Force ASPI to set the ASPI drivers, but still no luck (I did note that when using Smartripper the ASPI box is unchecked when ripping, even though I've set to auto).

Any ideas?! I only bought the drive because my Pioneer A04 DVD-RW only rips at 1x.....!

Old Oct 03, 2002, 03:55 PM
Veteran

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Old Oct 03, 2002, 04:32 PM
Veteran

Have you installed your motherboard drivers?
Old Oct 04, 2002, 02:42 AM
Veteran

Had to think for a minute, but yes!

It's an Abit KT7A-Raid. I downloaded the latest Via 4in1 drivers (1443) and had installed them. Previously I only had 1437, so after you posted I reinstalled the older ones to see if that would fix it. It does now show ASPI checked when ripping in Smartripper, but it's still only at 1x.