CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 25, 2002, 07:32 PM

Talking Need Your Opinion!

sponsored links

ok basically i've got myself a DC - never had one before
don't have any games yet, don't want to be stuck with a whole bunch of useless junk i never play though

so i need u guys opinions
what's the best

1. soccer game (smthing along the lines of fifa, i'm thinking)
2. nba game
3. street fighter version

and basically - what are the MUST haves of the DC? the most playable games that u won't play twice and dump aside.. stuff that gives single player or preferably, multiplayer fun for ages and ages - doesn't have to be particularly sophisticated.. something like metal slugs kicks *** too

opinions from everyone!
Old Jan 25, 2002, 07:58 PM

Red face

I think this is a little off topic,but anyways.

1.The best soccer game= 90 min. football (not to good as fifa)
2.Hands down the best NBA game=NBA2k2 (this is for any sys. console)
3.??????......they all suck anyways
Old Jan 25, 2002, 10:28 PM

1. Definetly not 90 Minutes Football. I played this game once, the first day I got it and it has never seen my sega again. I have heard the best are sega worldwide soccer and uefa dream soccer but I have not tried them out myself yet.

2. Nba2k2 is the sh*t. It is a must have and it is mad fun to play.

3. Marvel vs. Capcom 2, It's not a street fighter series but it sure goes along the same lines and is pretty good and will keep you busy for a while, especially with friends.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 11:00 PM

Cool

Well the only video sports game I play is NHL2k so 1 and 2 are kinda void for me. As far as 3- If you mean 2D fighters then Marvel vs Capcom 2 is great(still have to get it) I've also heard that King of Fighters Evolution is good. Personally I don't get much out of 2D fighters. So if you want to move into the 3rd demention I highly recomend SoulCalibur. As well as Dead or Alive 2. I also just got Heavy Metal Geomatrix which is quite good. Other games I'd say are "must haves"
RPG-wise Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 are the best no DC RPG compares to these 2 games.
Racing-wise SF Rush 2049 is amazing but not if you take racing too seriously.
And I'd say Jet Grind Radio is one of the best "off beat" video games I've ever played.
BTW PSO is not all it's cracked up to be, don't believe the hype.
Old Jan 26, 2002, 06:12 AM

keep em coming
Old Jan 26, 2002, 09:50 AM
Veteran

Ok I got a ton of games for the dc- some crap but most are excellent

1. best soccer game has to be uefa dream- although i'm starting to get into uefa striker or striker 2000 (same game but uefa striker keeps official players names whereas striker 2000 has seriously dodge names)- uefa dream is good and couple of my ps2 buddies don't mind it although it doesn't hold a candle to iss pro evo on the ps2

2. i'm a london boy so don't follow nba at all but nba 2k2 is fun- if a bit too hardcore basket ball for me

3. marvel vs capcom 2 is good, so is capcom vs snk 2. I personally think alpha 3 and street fighter 3 third strike are the best- m v c 2 and c v s 2 both have like 40+ characters but nearly all have the same moves- at least third strike has characters that are vaguely different

as for must buys....

jet set/ jet grind radio for sure
resident evil code veronica
shenmue 1 & 2- but very slow paced
crazy taxi
mdk2
unreal tournament
metropolis street racer
rayman 2
soul calibur for sure- its better than the street fighter style games
dead or alive 2 is good but no soul calibur

dc is a very arcadey system and its best games tend to be arcade style games- thats what i think anyway it doesn't do many of the simulation type games that well

I quite like some of the older games- soul reaver and sonic adventure
house of dead 2 is fun with the light gun- but get confidential mission as well otherwise your light gun soon becomes obsolete

stay away from virtua striker 2001- its ****!!!- 90 minutes is pretty pants as well