CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 22, 2007, 03:36 PM

Default Xeno PS Soldering Point Covered!

sponsored links

Hi everyone. I've done a few mods before without much issue. This is my first V3 PS2. It seems to be a real pain in the *** compared to the other versions since I have to solder to a lot of microscopic thru-holes on the board. I've been getting along alright, but I've come to the point to install the wire for the point marked "R" on the wiring diagram. This point is covered by a surface mount IC chip, and is not accessable! Here's a clip from the wiring diagram with an animation of where the IC chip is:

[img]********img235.imageshack.us/img235/2678/ps2v3xenopsjx4*****[/img]

The chip is marked:

(copyright symbol) 2000 SCEI
B 10 020 S

I'm sure that I'm looking at the right wiring diagram and that my PS2 is V3. All the other soldering points match up. I can even see five holes that are part of the circuit cluster that I want to solder to, it's just that point "R" is under the chip! Just to confirm, my Serial number is U2034162 and the date code is 0D. It has 10 screws on the bottom. It's an SCPH-30001.

Thanks for any and all assistance you can lend!

-JetsterDajet