CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 28, 2007, 09:02 PM

sponsored links

well i got everything working (untill i moved my ps2) now it wont read discs the memory cards wont come up and every time i turn it on i have to chose a language and time zone (its like the on board memory or something keeps resting) any 1 have any idea what might cause this?
thanks for any and all help
joseph wood
Old May 29, 2007, 04:11 AM

Joseph,

Firstly I'm in th UK mate so you wont be able to drop it in. Could you send me a pic of the install? If so PM me and I'll give you my email addy to send it to. That way I can have a look.
Old May 29, 2007, 03:34 PM

i dont have a camra with me the take the pics but i believe a wire is touching the case or some such thing when i have the chance ill take it apart (AGAIN) and see what happened its no big deal im SOO use to problems i can take this thing apart in a minutes (with my eyes shut lol) i just dont under stand why i keep getting a screen which wants me to chose a language and time zone like what ever on board memory that holds the clock information keeps reseting could the little battery on the side of the dvd drive be bad? w/e ill figure it out
thanks
joseph wood
Old May 29, 2007, 04:37 PM

When you disconnect the battery it automatically resets the clock Joseph.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:11 PM

well it kept reseting everytime i turned off the ps2 with the reset bottom or the switch in back but i fix that
now the problem is after i put it all back together it worked just fine (all i pressed first after i turned it on was the reset bottom it booted the game that was already in the drive) well i hit the eject bottom to try another game and i put the game it but its taking forever to load so i restart the system and now the memory card dont show up and if i put a game in all i get in the reading disc message any ideas?
thanks
joseph wood
Old May 30, 2007, 09:26 PM

well i seem to have gotten my mars 2 mod chip working i just cant screw my case together or it stops working (ROFLMAO) but no big deal because i dont stand it up on its side so i wont have any problems thanks for all the help guys
joseph wood