CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 28, 2002, 04:51 PM

Default Killing expiration date on ink cartridges..

sponsored links

Hi, i have a HP 2000c Professional Series inkjet printers.. from the printers tool box... it shows that i still have more than half of ink inside the cartridge, but the date of the cartridge has expired. When i print, it asked me to replace the ink cartridge before i could do any printing and that the date is expired..now.. one of those ink cartridge is $45.00 and they last a year only.. i dont print much.. so i would've never used up the ink before the expiration date.
Does anyone know a way that i could kill the date on the cartridge.. i've tried and remove the chip that was glue to the cartridge, but once that was removed, that specific cartridge is said to be missing and it wont print.. it needs to detect all 4 cartridges before it would print... if anyone out there that knows of a way to remove the expiration date.. please let me know...your help is greatly appreciated..
another thing.. if i were to get a new printer.. anyone knows of any printer out there that doesn't have this feature.??
i m looking for a printer that prints well on texts and photo quality pics(photo qaulity is the priority) ... price range around $200-$250 US dollar.

thankx alot for all the info ... any info is appreciated..

Knuc

Last edited by Knuc; Jul 28, 2002 at 08:13 PM.