CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 06, 2002, 08:29 AM
Banned

Exclamation Photo Quality Covers!

sponsored links

Can u please help,

I was wondering how much it would cost me to make photo quality covers, i have looked round bowlers computer fair and the paper is around a fiver for 20 sheets, 12 for the ink and 5 dvd boxes for a quid. This comes to 21 for 20 covers, but would the ink (JR Refills) make more than 20 covers?

Does nyone know where i could get the resources to make photo quality covers cheaper? or nyone who supplies them cheap? with boxes?

Thanks in advance

Si

[email]siross99@hotmail.com[/email]
Old May 06, 2002, 12:28 PM

Hi Siros, the refill would do alot more than the 20 covers nearer 100, if cost is an important factor to your covers, you might want to just try some of the matt 160gms photo paper, think its about 2 for 50 sheets. Since you are doing DVD covers, the plasic sleeve ads a sort of gloss look to the image anyways, plus for your average chump on the street they would hardly notice the difference anyways. If you can do without buying the refils for your colour I would recommend you do, the refill ink is not as high a quality as the ones you get in original carts, and can very slightly effect image colour strength, not alot but any difference is to much for me.

g8crasher
Old May 06, 2002, 01:43 PM
Banned

thanks a lot mate i will have a scout round at bowlers next week and see if i can get some bargains.

Someone also told me that i cant refill my printer cartridges more than a certain number of times as they will break! is this true?

I have a Lexmark X73

[email]siross99@hotmail.com[/email]
Old May 06, 2002, 04:02 PM

the problem with refilling cartidges is the bit that spits the ink out busts/wears out, so best not to refill more than once. plus I don't know how you refill on the lexmark but on some you have to break the lid off and inject the ink in, which can let air and foreign bodies in, which doesn't do it any good at all, problems being ink drying up and only part printing.

Hope that helps.
g8crasher
Old May 07, 2002, 02:42 PM

i've refilled a xerox three times now but i think its had its day as the print head is starting to drag and smudge and the quality is going so i'm about to buy an epson c60 for the cheap ink and good quality
Old Jun 05, 2002, 07:27 AM

yeah ditch the lexmark mate and get an epson C60 well happy with mine and quality is spot on