CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:51 PM

Default Shenmue 2 help

sponsored links

Hey-New here, and semi new to burning games. I have burned a few, and they all have turned out perfect. My shenmue 2 Finnaly finished, but when i burned it, it dident work.

The file i got was a folder called DC- Shenmue II (4 Disks) and Inside that there were folders for each disk, and inside those each are a .rar file which when i unzip them have the .CDI file. I burn in diskjuggler with the settings I use for everyother game,

Mode 2, CD-XA, Add Post Gap to 3rd Party images, RAW write, and Overburn, but it wont work! Help me please as i have wanted to play this game sense i finished the 1st years ago.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:29 AM

I have the same problem with Power Stone 2 and the problem is that my dreamcast is ntsc and game is pal....Maybe you have the same problem you can fix it if you find a way to patch it from one format to another and if you find out how to do that please let me know cause i don't know what elese to try for my game...If you fail as me than try playing your game on ChankastAlpha (Dreamcast Emulator)....Sorry if my english is bad...

Last edited by Kornjaca; Aug 18, 2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:16 PM

Sorry man, But After making a Utopia bootdisk, making a game shark with no good runs, I was about to give up, but decided to give it one last try with a 3rd burn, and it worked!! good luck to you!
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:26 PM

Actly i have an update..the file for the first disk was CDI, which worked. The 2nd and 3rd Disks were MDF and MDS, which worked fine, but the last disk is 3 files, one .ccd, one .img, and one .sub. I burned it on 120% with the same settings as the others but it wont work.
Old May 08, 2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodswords
Hey-New here, and semi new to burning games. I have burned a few, and they all have turned out perfect. My shenmue 2 Finnaly finished, but when i burned it, it dident work.

The file i got was a folder called DC- Shenmue II (4 Disks) and Inside that there were folders for each disk, and inside those each are a .rar file which when i unzip them have the .CDI file. I burn in diskjuggler with the settings I use for everyother game,

Mode 2, CD-XA, Add Post Gap to 3rd Party images, RAW write, and Overburn, but it wont work! Help me please as i have wanted to play this game sense i finished the 1st years ago.

Try Mode 2, CD-DA,Add Post Gap and Raw Write
thats how I burn all my CDI files with discjuggler