CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:35 PM

Default How to play FF8(PC) from the HDD?

sponsored links

Ok so FF8 is my most favourite game of all time seriously i love it. FRecently I bought a fairly powerful Gaming PC and decided to isntall FF8(since it's my favourite) Now I can play it perfectly fine apart from the screen is slightly off to the right but thats no big deal to be honest. What i'm looking for is a way to put all 4 discs in the game directory and play it directly from the HDD. Is this possible ? Later on (and i know this is extremely late, but it's been a personal dream to do) I want to start modding the game and expanding the graphics, textures, music, menus etc etc. This is the main aprt of wanting to play the game from the HDD if possible. Anyone able to lend a fella a hand? I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if the title is wrong o.0
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:16 AM

Default Addition

Ok so plenty of views but not a single post? that's a shame Ok let me expand the question, I want to install FFVIII as if it were a newer PC Game, I don't cae if it means I have to rip out all the files, I just want in the directory say the music files, FMVs, backgrounds, images etc etc to If I feel the need to replace or enhance them for use ingame I can. Not a single person on this forum got a clue on how this can be done?

Tags
ff8 harddrive, final fantasy 8 hdd help, play ff8 from the hdd