CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 01, 2003, 05:51 AM

Default making bootable cd

sponsored links

I have a program on my computer consisting of the exe files,dlls etc is there any way I can convert this into a bootable cd?
Thanks.
wallie
Old May 01, 2003, 11:55 AM

You can burn bootable cds in Nero,
I imagine it'd explain in the help files how todo this.
You must also make sure that in your bios the cdrom is selected in the boot sequence before your harddrive.

Douglas
Old Jun 02, 2003, 07:05 AM

yes nero does bootable cds no probs
Old Jun 02, 2003, 02:27 PM
Veteran

Which files are they? Why you want to 'convert' them into bootable CD? Or you want to just make any bootable CD with those files burned on it?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallie
I have a program on my computer consisting of the exe files,dlls etc is there any way I can convert this into a bootable cd?
Thanks.
wallie
Please use MagicISO to [URL=***********.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-make-bootable-cd.htm]make bootable CD from .exe .dll and other type files.
It also support create multi-bootable CD or DVD. ***********.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-make-bootable-cd.htm
Old Feb 10, 2005, 04:46 PM

A straightforward Win98 bootdisk or any other that loads real mode CD and mouse drivers etc and Nero is all you need for a basic bootable CD.
If you need to access NTFS partitions there are several applications that are freely available. ReadNTFS springs to mind.

You could go a step further if you like and use Winimage etc to create a 2.88M boot floppy or even further still and create a hard drive boot image. The only limitation with the latter being that the drive must be a couple of percent smaller than the blank CD/DVD.

If you have a floppyless system then [url=********chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vfd20-041003-2.zip]VFD will create a virtual floppy of up to 2.88M that you can use.

MagicISO looks remarkably similar to UltraISO. Is it a ripoff?