CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 16, 2002, 08:21 PM

Default Cdrw won't read/write blank disk [Sony; Vaio GR390; winXP] [Sony; GR390; winXP]

sponsored links

Hello, I have a Sony Vaio Gr390 P3 running Win XP Pro, My cdrw was burning fine until I somehopw got and removed Spyware (Kazaa) from my sys. I have the latest version of Nero and InCd, and DVD's play fine as well as burned CD-R's. InCd says a supported media not installed. A screen that used to pop up upon insertion of disk that read choose to play CD, Write CD, or Do Nothing no longer pops up. The problem started when that screen dissappeared. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2002, 12:35 AM
suspended

It sounds like you have a corrupt ASPI layer , you can get a replacement aspi file for XP from nero: ftp://ftp3.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

Copy wnaspi32.dll to the %windir%\System32 folder
Old May 17, 2002, 01:17 AM

Thanks,
I have tried copying wnaspi32 to the system32 folder, but there is an instance already there and I can't delete or overwrite it. Any ideas??? Thanks again.
Old May 17, 2002, 01:30 AM
suspended

OK try this ASPI installation method: ***********.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/yaa2.htm . It's for Win2K but as it shares the underlying kernel with XP it should do the trick.
Old May 17, 2002, 10:04 PM

Well,
I tried the last site you gave me for downloading and installing of ASPI Seems those pages no longer exist. I tried to find others, but read that for win XP I must use the SCSI download, and have been unsuccessful in my search for one. Im sure that you are correct and this is my problem. Thanks again for all your help.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 09:15 PM

1 copy new wnaspi32.dll to desktop
2 Boot to Dos Prompt
3 At C: Prompt type cd c:\windows\system
4 That should change you to the system directory then type ren wnaspi32.dll wnaspi32.old
5. This should pave the way for copying winaspi32.dll back into the directory from the new file

6. type cd c:\windows\desktop
7 then type
Copy wnaspi32.dll C:\windows\system

This is last resort method to getting wnaspi32.dll in directory if nothing else works. Good Luck