CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 14, 2003, 08:31 AM

Question mp3 track tagger help needed

sponsored links

is there a program which will tag the mp3 files automatically when they have already been labelled as audio track 1 etc. (using cddb for eg). all of the ones i have tried don't seem to be able to get the correct tags when they are still mp3's. i need one so i can gat a library of the 1200 mp3 albums i have and i don't want to write them out by hand.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 08:38 AM
Veteran

Tag & Rename will do this but it's not free. You can download the demo and try it out though. Automatic links to freedb database and also allmusic.com for album tagging.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 02:01 PM

i've downloaded tag and rename and it works other than the albums which i want put into a database are on cd's and when i go to write the tags it says that the disc is write protected (because it is reading the cd). is there a way around this as i don't want to have to copy all of the cd's to my hard drive as there are a few hundred of them.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 02:52 AM
Veteran

You can view the CD contents within T&R and it will re-tag the files as normal. However, it will not, of course, be able to write the info back to the CDR.

I don't know which database you are using but would imagine once you have re-tagged the tracks, you could then view the CD from the database and catalogue the details. I'm not sure whether this would work though as the tag would not be embedded in the MP3. Give it a go !
Old Jan 15, 2003, 10:40 AM

as soon as you try to tag any of the files it comes up saying about the disc being write protected so it won't work that way. it only lets you do anything if the file is on the hard drive.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 03:37 PM

better get to re-burning j/k The only way I've found around this is by putting them on the HD and tagging them and renaming them then burning them back. You can trade the old cds, which we call "uglies" with other people. email me...wceewprodz2@yahoo.com...