CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 10, 2003, 06:07 PM
Veteran

Default no solder mod chip v5/6

sponsored links

Are these the same chip? According to ***********.gamegizmo.com/index.php?sID=4&dID=34 they are slightly different.

I just got a no solder v5 mod chip and I plugged it into my PS2; it doesn't work. So I assumed that I got the wrong chip.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 11:29 PM

Make sure your ps2 is version 5, if its version 6 then it wont work. Match your ps2's connector board.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:14 AM

Hi

I have plug in chips available that will work in V4, V5, V6 and V7 if you want one....

Ray (ray@christalclear.co.uk)
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:21 PM
Veteran

Aznkidlee,

What type of boot disc are you using? Did the ribbons snug/fit in smoothly
all th way in the nosolder slots?

Also, make sure that the nosolder in plugged in correctly onto the board.

I hope you got the Swap Magic combo.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 08:07 PM
Veteran

What type of boot disc are you using?
I'm planning to use a GS2 v2.

Are the Swap Magic combo better than the GS2 v2?

I plugged the ribbon into the chip all the way. Then I plugged the chip into the PS2 all the way. When I go turn on my PS2 it won't turn on. So I assumed I have the wrong chip.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 08:15 AM
Veteran

Take off the nosolder and try powering your ps2 up. If it powers up then that might be the case but I doubt it. After testing that it powers up without the nosolder, re-install the nosolder and then see if it powers up.

I do recommend the Swap magic discs. They are quicker and you only need to swap once with the Swap Magic dvd boot disc to boot dvdr backups. With the Gs2 you have to do a double swap ( DMC demo with large TOC or any other large TOC game) to get dvdr to work.

WARNING: Swap Magic cd boot disc can only boot games that are 650 mb (74min) in size. This setup cannot be used to boot dvd rips which are normally 700mb (80 min) rips of DVD games. But no need to worry about that because now you can get the full dvd copies and boot them with the Swap Magic dvd boot disc