CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 17, 2002, 05:52 PM

Default Why Dont Mods Allow Discussion Of Software?

sponsored links

I myself was interested in M rsa's post comparing Nero to CD Creator as Im wondering which one to use. Sites like these are important to discuss software and hardware so people can make a judgement on which to buy. Two mods jumped on it like it was the most ridiculous post in the world. Maybe it has been beaten to death but in the ever changing world of software a post a month old might as well be a hundred years old at times.

Can someone explain to me why the mods are afraid of discussion of the differences between different cd burning software? As long as it doesnt turn into a foul mouthed flame fest I think its posts like that that make sites like this useful, an its not like this site is getting hammered with too many posts.

Can someone give me a non flaming response as to why? Cause I really cant think of a decent answer.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 06:05 PM

you answered your own question, in the past this forum has had some hurt feelings, mostly the users of adaptec software...
Old Jan 17, 2002, 06:08 PM
Veteran

Hi m8 and welcome to the forums. Don't know for how long have you been browsing these forums, but i must tell you that this kind of topics have been posted here a lot and EACH, and i mean every one of them ended with flaming from one side or another.

That's why the only place we allow this kind of posts and also keeping a close eye on them is the Consumers Opinion forum.

I hope that this brings some light on the matter.

[IMG]***********.cdrom-guide.com/ubb/4MoDeRaToRs/SiGnAtUrE_ImAgEs/Liru.gif[/IMG]
Old Jan 17, 2002, 06:18 PM
Veteran

The post that was locked is a good case in point. The first reply started out by flaming one of the softwares in question. This is typical of this type of thread, where people (usually due to their own incompetence) have been unable to get software working successfully and spend the rest of their life vehemently flaming it.

There is also a strong anti-Roxio attitude on this board, and it is not likely that a moderate and useful discussion regarding their products will ensue without provocative attacks and criticism.

This has happened time and time again, and personally I felt that the moderators were very wise to close the thread before it encouraged more diatribes of useless information.

The "best" software is the one that suits your style, purposes, and needs. That's why there is different software available, because no one software can address everyone's preferences. If you are curious about different software, most have trial versions (even EZCD Creator does now) that can be used to make your own judgement.

Personally, I use both of the softwares in question, and I like them both very much. I would also be happy if the moderator(s) closed this thread.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 12:22 PM
Veteran

Exactly, and the members who have been here a while have been duelly warned by me that this will not be tolerated any longer!
And we don't have a problem with software discussions per say at all, but they have been done to death and it's a matter of personal preferance in any case.
I or many of the members would be happy to answer any ?'s you have regarding any app.
I will also be reposting on of my FAQ's here sometime soon where I link & rate just about every burnware out there, so keep your eyes open for that, or post any specific ?'s you have on the board.

In fact I could do it now, would only take a minute.
But here agin these are only my opinion, but I think you'd find most here would concur with my findings depending on what you want from such an app of course. I tend to like the fully functional ones with all the bells & whistles.

[img]***********.cdrom-guide.com/ubb/4MoDeRaToRs/SiGnAtUrE_ImAgEs/hoss1.gif[/img]
Old Jan 18, 2002, 04:56 PM
suspended

Hoss, whilst I agree with your view to a point m8, everything in life is all down to personal taste. You might say for instance that a Cadillac is *the* best car full stop. Then I might say...No way matey it's gotta be Rolls Royce.

Do you get my point? Neither of us are right and neither of us are wrong, it's all down to personal opinions at the end of the day.

But when it comes to PC software (And without wanting to sound cocky or anything, as I work in selling the stuff every day) it's down to if it really does:-

1) What it says it should on the box.

2) How good Cust support is and updates.

(Sorry, but no other criteria exists for day to day use)

So for experienced users of one make or another to air their views, good *or* bad IMHO is a good thing despite what others have said. There is *no* way that some honest Joe should have to part with his/her hard earned for software that is not finished or full of bugs when they could have been warned by somebody that has tried it and can warn them.

It's known as healthy debate. And is more than welcome on every other CDR forum that I know of. (Even if the subject *has* been done to death, there is *always* some newbie that is more than glad of the info)

BTW m8, keep up the good work on the board! You do a good job!