CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 01, 2002, 11:34 AM

Default problem..installing back up copy

sponsored links

i recently came upon a copy of max payne.however...this error comes up when i try to install from back up disk.

" crc error: the file c:/program files/maxpayne/x_data.ras doesn't match the file in the set ups .cab file"

What does this mean? I downloaded the full game from a friend of mine via the internet , it's in my computer,and burnt it to a disk...but i can't install to computer and i can't open to play either from the one in computer...box opens up...open with?what program do i use to open with?Totally new to this...please help.reply here or send email to ...huggybear_72@hotmail.com

thanks
Old Mar 01, 2002, 06:05 PM
Veteran

What did he used to make the backup, and what are you using to burn to the CD ?
Old Mar 02, 2002, 10:28 AM

I downloaded straight from his computer...then made copy onto cd with easy cd creater 5. Any ideas? stumped. Thinking maybe bad copy ? His game works fine.didn't want to make copy cd...just wanted game "in" computer...but for some reason it will not open in my computer...only copy to disk.Thats no good..cause i don't want that...and can't get to work other way.Running w/me...if that helps.Thanks.