CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 09, 2002, 07:28 PM

Default need NTSC colour fix on Messiah 2?

sponsored links

I was wondering what exactly does the colour fix on the messiah 2 do? I have a version 7 ps2 and i'm in the process of puting the chip in. I have all the wires soldered to the mainboard except the colour fix one. Do i NEED to do this? What are the benefits and consequences? Thanks you

-andrew
Old Dec 09, 2002, 07:38 PM
Veteran

Benefits are that if your tv doesn't accept the N.T.S.C signal, ie. games playing in black+white then this modification makes then play in colour. They still run at 60hz so you don't lose the framrate. It just changes the colour carrier frequency to PAL60.
Note:- It DOESN'T enable you to play N.T.S.C games on a non 60hz compatable tv, ie. if the game picture is rolling around and NOT stable then this won't help you.

No consequences that I can think of mate.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...