CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 18, 2002, 11:30 PM
Veteran

Default ==>No POWER to PC-->PLEASE HELP!!!

sponsored links

[b]PROBLEM:[/b]
When I attempt to turn on the pc. There is NO POWER. None of the fans come on. None of the HD, Cdrom come on either. No power light on PC.
PLEASE HELP!!!

[b]Here's what I last did:[/b]
I first install a new stick of Ram, then a new Cd writer.
I unplugged all power connection to my Floppy, Hard Drive, DVD rom, and Cdwriter. I was rearranging all the IDE devices. While plugging in the IDE to my hard drive, I accidentally turn on the pc. I immediately turned off the pc and unplug the power cable. After plugging in all the power connections and IDE cables, I attempted to turn on the pc. When I do, I had no power.

[b]Here's the Trouble shooting I did:[/b]
***I checked the power cable to make sure it's securely plugged in from the motherboard and the power outlet.
***I plugged the power cable to a different slot of the power surger, no luck. Other devices plugged to the power surger is off. When I do turn them on...it does come on meaning power surger is okay.
***I made sure the power supply is on 115, I'm in the US.
***I made sure the power supply switch is the dash and not the circle.
***I do not smell any burn out.
***I tried a different power cable.

[b]Question:[/b]
Did the motherboard went out or my power supply? Is there a jumper on the motherboard that might disable all power?

[b]SPEC of PC:[/b]
I just built this pc 2 weeks ago.
Elite Group P4 1.7mhz motherboard
ATX P4 Power supply
Old Oct 19, 2002, 02:45 AM

did u try goin back to ur original configuration prior to the extra ram and cdrw?
Old Oct 19, 2002, 02:48 AM
suspended

Try clearing the CMOS with the CMOS jumper.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 03:15 AM
Veteran

[b]VAn Nugent,[/b] I just tried resetting the CMOS jumper and also removing and putting back the Nickel cadmium battery. No luck powering up the pc.

Just curious, how does clearing the cmos help a no power situation?

[b]Sowndwayv,[/b] I tried putting back the hardware that was orginally there, no luck either.

What can it be?
AGain, there is no led light on, case fan and heat sink fan does not come on at all.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 03:33 AM
Veteran

Did you check everything like the power button lead? (Like maybe you unplugged it from the motherboard)
Old Oct 19, 2002, 03:37 AM
suspended

On some mobo's, you may need to clear the CMOS if you've some changes in hardware such as memory or accidentally did something that you shouldn't. Did you remove the power cord from the AC source before clearing CMOS?