CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:59 AM

Default Incorrect firmware update

sponsored links

Hi all,

I'm using internel ASUS CDR-5232A4 in an external casing via USB and I tried to update the firmware with the newer one 1.01 The firmware update did not complete and the laptop shutdown after 2 hours.

Since then the drive is not detected in
-usb casing
-win xp sp2
-even bios setup of another desktop pc when connected on IDE

Normal working of the drive: Power on > Led blinking > Led blinking stops > detected by the OS/Bios

Current state: Power on > Led blinking and blinking continously Even eject button is not working

Is there any chance for this to work again. I have the CD containing the firmware 1.0, but I do not know how to flash this since it is not being detected even in bios. Is there any heavenly jumpers inside to reset or something.

Thanks a million
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
Veteran

The only thing i can think of is to connect the drive up as an internal drive in another comp, and run the f'ware update from DOS.

colin.
Old Feb 08, 2007, 04:52 AM

Thank colin, I want to try this and there are more hurdles. The executable provided with the drive CD is to be run on Windows. I also checked mtkflash, which I think may work but I need the firmware file in BIN format. So I'm

Thank you in advance for pushing this troubleshoot.