CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 17, 2002, 07:55 AM

Default backup of backup ps games wont selfboot

sponsored links

does anybody have this problem? i burn a backup from my backup playstation game but when i try to play it, it wont self boot but if i swap with an original disk, it work.

i got the old playstation with the plugmod, and a modchip inside. i try taking the plugmod out and try booting it but it doesnt work.

my guess is probaly my laser but my other backup works perfectly..
if i burn a game from the original cd game, it will self boot but if i burn from a backup game i need to swap it.. so does anybody know what's wrong??

btw, none of my friends got a ps so i cant test it on other system
Old Mar 17, 2002, 12:52 PM

I would say its your psx cause i make back ups of my back ups and they work fine what scph no is on your psx

Wheelie
Old Mar 17, 2002, 02:57 PM

thanks for replying wheelie, my ps model no. is scph-5501, its pretty old, made in october of 97

btw, what do you use to burn your ps games?
clone,diskjuggler,nero,cdrwin???

Last edited by OvAZ kLocKz; Mar 17, 2002 at 03:12 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 06:09 PM
Veteran

Hi OvAZ ... glad this question wasn't about DC games LOL you got me worried ... anyway, I always use CloneCD when making a backup of a backup or original. there's no reason why they shouldn't work assuming you have the correct settings when copying and are using the same media. if you are using different media, your PSX may simply not like the new media.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 07:16 PM

lol, dont got that problem with dc games. i burn dc games for my niece so i know it work. anyway

most of my games i burn with clonecd. well i didnt really use any setting, i just click on "copy to harddrive" and "burn to cd-r"

i think u hit it on the head when you say the diff. media thing, cause before i burn with generic brand,maxell, but when i burn it to tdk media, it wont selfboot.

damn too bad i dont have an extra ps
Old Mar 17, 2002, 08:20 PM
Veteran

in CloneCD, make sure "Read RAW Data/Audio" are checked ... and "Don't Correct Errors" (says something like that)