CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 98
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 01, 2003, 01:45 PM

Default Screen display settings (After installation of new HD) [western digital; 120gb HD ; win98SE]

sponsored links

Thanks, this is my first attempt at installing a new HD. I have transferred all files and installed necessary programs but cant get the settings for screen display to change from 16 colours, to high 16 colour, the settings don`t display the option to do this. With the result some programs won`t run at 16 colours.

The slider, on Screen Area highlights but wont respond ether, although it does show the correct pix setting.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old Jan 01, 2003, 01:57 PM
Veteran

have u properly installed ur grafics card drivers properly?
Old Jan 01, 2003, 05:39 PM
Veteran

1k - absolutley right.
He needs to find out the type of graphics card he has, go to the website and download the drivers.
The drivers file might automatically update the drivers or he will have to update them manually - eather way - instructions will be with the file he will download.

After he updates the drivers, he will be asked to restart and next time windows runs, he will be able to move the bar to much higher resolutions and color depth.

Fifer - if you are having trouble identifying your graphics card (don't know what it is) then post back here and i'll help you out.

hint - look at the graphics card and look for a model number - type it in on a google search and you'll most likely see the brand name and model.

bye
Old Jan 02, 2003, 09:48 AM

Thanks to both for your help. I will look for model number and try a search.

Thanks again.