CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 02, 2002, 02:01 PM
Veteran

Default Unkown format in audio for avi file. Help!!!

sponsored links

I downloaded an avi file and wanted to use virtualdub to change the audio to a wav file so that I could convert it with TMPGenc. When I tried to do this is said that there was an error in the audio file. I believe it was an ACM error. When I right clicked the avi filed to check the audio source it says that it is unknown. Is there anyway to combat this and be able to convert the audio of this avi into a wav ? Any help on this appreciated. Thank you .
Old Aug 02, 2002, 11:33 PM
Veteran

They probably use DivX audio.

There is a really usefull new program out called "Gspot" that will tell you all kinds of info on AVI's such as video and audio codecs and whether you have the correct one installed.

You can download it from doom9.