CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 02, 2002, 03:48 PM

Default anyone copied GTA3 with a lite-on writer?

sponsored links

I have a "cloned" copy of GTA3 which loaded and plays great on my CD/DVD drive. However when i put it into my Lite-on 24102B drive it will not recognise either disc.
I know about the hide Media setting in CloneCd, but this still does not work, anyway I am not trying to play the game on this drive i am putting it in so that i can copy it.
I am using CloneCD version 4.0.0.1
I would like to make a copy of this game but at present i am unable to do so. I prefer cloned games and have had no problems copying other cloned games such as MOHAA.
What i want to know is, has anyone else managed to copy an original version or cloned copy of this game using the 24102B lite-on? and if so how?
Any help appreciated
Old Jun 03, 2002, 12:40 PM
Veteran

If the cdrs are Verbatim 'Datalife' they are made by CMCand Lite-on burners wont/cant read them,. they must be 'Datalife PLUS' 'or Super AZO'
five Lite_On burners cant be wrong, if this is the case you need to see if you have another drive that will read the cd and modify if needed with clone cd
Old Jun 03, 2002, 02:58 PM

I copy all my games with the setup in my sig. However, I always use my Toshiba drives to play my games, NEVER my burners.

I copied GTA3 a zillion times already, using Securom settings. I know it's SD2 protected, but I always use Securom settings no matter what.
Old Jun 03, 2002, 11:21 PM

I have the exact same burner and also a lite-on dvd, as in my sig. I copied it no problem. But I always use the original when playing and I use my dvd-drive for the reading. I never use my burner as the reader, as it gets enough use other ways and in the instance of a copy-protection that checks for a cd-r, you have nothing to worry about if you don't read from the burner.