CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 27, 2002, 05:14 PM
Veteran

Default X Box iso tutorial in HERE!!!!

sponsored links

Right, Here we go! I was reading a post about someone wanting a Step-by-Step FAQ on X Box Iso’s and have decided to put 1 together!

Right, first you need to have a decent connection to the web – Either Cable (512kb/1Mb), DSL, ADSL, T1, T3, 10Mbit etc. 56kb/s are not recommended coz you’ll be d/l for years. I had 56kb/s and was downloading a divx file and it was gonna take 3 days – That’s 700mb at the most! Were talking bout downloading 4gb of data.

This is gonna be the newsgroup version of downloading X Box games because FTPs with them on are very rare at the moment unless you already have access to FTPs with 0-day stuff on them – Don’t ask me how coz I don’t know any! Also good news servers include GigaNews, Usenet and Clara.net – all are pay servers but would recommend clara.net coz you pay £30 for a year and it’s unlimited downloads. Others are limited to the amount you can download each month and are pay monthly!!!

I’m on cable, I find it usually takes all day to download a game but that’s the way things are – oh yeah, that’s 70kb/s on newsgroups!

The best Newsreader is GrabIt!. That is also free and very easy to use.

You may or may not know that the X Box iso’s are being rared into about 50 (on average – maybe more, maybe less) rar files and are about 50mb each file! Wow… That’s big!

Once you are on the newsgroup and you see the game you want take a look at isonews.com and see how many rar files it needs to complete the game. If its Halo its about 72 (please don’t quote me on that!). That means you need to download 72 files and extract them before you can even extract the iso file! The games can be rared in 3 ways. They can either have an extension of:
Rar, r00, r01 etc…
xx-xxxx.part1.rar
xx-xxxx.part2.rar
etc

If you are missing any files you may find some PAR files available for download. What you need to do then is download SMART PAR!

You need to make sure that the PAR files are in the same folders as the rar files. You open the pars with SMART PAR then all the rars should be there. If not, you need to load them into SMART PAR.

REMEMBER – EACH PAR YOU USE CAN REBUILD OR REPLACE 1 RAR FILE ONLY. TO REPLACE OR REBUILD MORE THAN 1 RAR FILE YOU NEED TO GET MORE PARS. YOU CAN USE AS MANY RARS AS YOU NEED TO.

To load the pars into SMART PAR click on file, open parity set and then select the par files you need.

Once you have rebuilded or created the missing – bad rars you need, you can then continue with the extraction process to get the main iso file you need to eventually burn to dvdr!

Open winrar 3.x or higher to extract the files and leave it alone for about 30mins to 1hour! When you come back the xbox iso will be on your desktop or wherever you have extracted it to. Open up Prassi Primo DVD or any other iso supported dvd writing supported software and burn. Will take about an hour if your using cheap media or 30 mins if you are using branded media – e.g. Verbatims etc!

Oh yeah, record in MODE 1/2048!!! I have made the mistake of burning in MODE 1 with VCDs and PS2 games and ended up annoyed (as I was a newbie back then) because they wouldn’t work.

Get ur chipped X Box and test ur dvdr game works. Well, it saves buying the games don’t it!

Well, that’s about it. I’ve told you what newsreader to use, what newsgroup to use, what news server to use, how to reconstruct any missing parts and how to rebuild them, how to extract the file and how to burn the file.

------LINKS-----
[URL=***********.clara.net/homeaccess/options/claranews.phtml]Clara.net news server access
[URL=***********.binnetwork.net/]Bin Network - For info on where games are posted

Last edited by the3jams; May 30, 2002 at 08:28 PM.
Old May 27, 2002, 05:42 PM

Ouch my head hurts now.lol I'll give ya 5 bucks, and do it for me..lol....

But really very informative, thanx for the explaination......

Old May 27, 2002, 09:30 PM

Don't the nfo's say to burn in mode 1??
Old May 27, 2002, 10:54 PM

Regarding burning to DVD media:

Nero won't burn these ISO files to DVD-R;I had to use Stomp/Prassi or VOB instead.
Nero and EZ CD do burn other things to DVD-R but not from ISO for some odd reason.
They both work fine for burning CD ISO images to CD-R.
Old May 28, 2002, 01:28 AM

My bad, thanks for the tutorial.

Last edited by Crunk; May 28, 2002 at 01:38 AM.
Old May 28, 2002, 02:55 AM
Veteran

Hi mate just went on clara.net what do i need to do on there to join a the newsgroup!?