CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 29, 2003, 11:25 AM
Veteran

Default Can't get PC to connect to X Box! - Someone help me!

sponsored links

I followed this guide:

Ive noticed that their is no real simple guide on connecting the xbox to your pc although their are guides on other sites they dont make it clear or simple enough for those that just want to do games and put games on the HD so here is a dead simple working guide for everyone,

Im assuming that you own an xbox that is capable of playing backups and has evolution x installed.

Right first off you need to go get yourself a network card any will do, you can get them for £2 at computer fairs or pc world has them in for £10.

Then you need to get a CROSSOVER CABLE, i use a belkin one its yellow 2 metres long and its only £7 at pc world.

Then install the network card in your pc.

Now here is the bit that most people seem to have questions about.
Go into evox (if you are running it from your xbox HD or a cd) and go to settings, then move down to Use Static IP and make sure it says YES, then go to IP, and make it 192.168.0.2, then go to Default Gateway and make it 192.168.0.1, then save and exit.

Now go to your PC go to control panel then network connections, now double click on netwok connection now in the box that has appeared highlight the TCP/IP bit and click properties, it says "OBTAIN AN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY" and "USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS" tick "USE THE FOLOWING IP ADDRESS" then in the box that says IP address type in 192.168.0.1 then go the SUBNETMASK box and make sure it says 255.255.255.0, then click OK.

Now you have got your pc and you xbox ready to go ALMOST, what you need now is a program called FLASHFXP you can get it in a free 30 day trial format which you will find if you search for it in GOOGLE, then once you have FLASHFXP install it on your PC.

Now take the CROSSOVER CABLE you bought and plug one end into your xbox,s ethernet port on the back, then plug the other into your network card, now start your pc up (if you have any firewalls or anything like that turn them off completely) now switch your xbox on (no disc in the xbox) you will now have a connection between your PC and your XBOX.

Now open up FLASHFXP go over to the little orange lightening symbol and click it then click on QUICK CONNECT now you get a box, in the SERVER OR URL box type in 192.168.0.2 then in the USER NAME box type xbox, then in the PASSWORD box type xbox, now make sure the box that says PORT has got 21 in it, then click on CONNECT you will then see a bunch of folders apear in the right hand side window and in the bottom right hand side window it will tell you the connection info now you are inside your xbox YAY.

This is the simplest way to do this if you are just looking to edit menus or copy games stuff like that.

DEAD SIMPLE.

Hope this helps.

My PC and X Box have defo got a link at 100 MBps.

When I come to flash FXP though it won't connect.

Please someone help me!
Old May 29, 2003, 11:31 AM

the trouble with this guide is in this part

"Now here is the bit that most people seem to have questions about.
Go into evox (if you are running it from your xbox HD or a cd) and go to settings, then move down to Use Static IP and make sure it says YES, then go to IP, and make it 192.168.0.2, then go to Default Gateway and make it 192.168.0.1, then save and exit. "

if you are running it from a disk (evox) you cant save and exit it, cuz the disk is read only, have a look at my guide in the faq`s section mate
Old May 29, 2003, 11:33 AM
Veteran

I'm running it from my HDD though?
Old May 29, 2003, 11:48 AM

Golddisk m8,

If both the XBox and the PC see a 100MBit network connection then they are set up correctly.

The above guide seems perfect to me, its exactly what I do. The only thing I can suggest is that make sure you have entered the correct info into FlashFXP. The xbox username and password can be found in the settings option in Evox (generally xbox xbox)

Also, make sure the network settings are still set in Evox after a reboot.

There was a version of evox released recently I think that had some network problems that were fixed very quickly, I remember installing it, and not being able to connect 9 tmies out of 10.

rich-t
Old May 29, 2003, 11:53 AM
Veteran

It just pops up in XP says connect 100MBps or whatever it says.

What could I have done wrong?
Old May 29, 2003, 01:06 PM
Veteran

Also tried this guide and it didn't work.

Networking xbox to pc using 2 network cards (aka Ethernet cards. NIC’s) (v0.1)
Tutorial written by : grantdawg aka b legit

According to the forums there are a lot of people having trouble doing this. So i’am going to try to write a nice tutorial to help you people out. This is my first tutorial.

What your gonna need:

1 or 2 network cards ( NIC’s ) ill being referring to them as NIC’s from now on.... you’ll need 2 if you want to be connected to the internet at the same time that your connected to your xbox.

1 crossover cable. very important you have a crossover cable. This is how you know if you have a crossover cable take the 2 male ends of the cable put them side by side. if the colored wire patterns are exactly the same it means you have the WRONG cable. You know if you have the right cable when the wires looked mixed up. or in a different pattern compared to other end. make sure of this. its a very crucial part.

an xbox running evolution x

a copy of flashfxp.

What you need to do next is configure your computers ip address’s.. so go into your computer network connections and go into the properties of the nic that is connected to the internet. check off obtain a IP address automatically.

now for the nic that is connected to the xbox. going into the properties. check off use the following IP.

Next, where it says IP address, enter: 192.168.0.1. Where it says Subnet Mask, enter: 255.255.255.0. , and where it says default gateway enter 192.168.0.1

next while still in the properties of the nic. click on the configure button.. then click on the advanced tab. then click on network media and set it to 10baseT full duplex.

now your computer should all be good to go.

now you want to startup evolution x and go into the system settings a get your IP address. its usually 192.168.0.3 something like that. make note of it.

now you want to fire up flashfxp

Flash FXP:
1. Download this program
2. Open it up and click on “Site Manager” then click “new site”
3. Name the new site whatever you want, (My Xbox, Xbox, etc.)
4. Go to IP and enter the IP you got from evolution x system setting menu
5. The port should always be 21
6. your username and password will both be “xbox”
7. Hit the “Options” tab and click off passive mode COMPLETELY.
8. now apply. and the connect

this is all you should have to do get it to work. check the forums for more help.

Any ideas?????