CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 30, 2003, 09:57 PM

Unhappy Silence in middle of track & odd sounds

sponsored links

Hi,
Lately, I've noticed that when I burn some of my tracks onto a CD-R and play them back in my stereo, half of a song is dead silence. The track seems fine when I download it at first. I always listen to a track in its entirety to make sure there are no such distortions, dead silence etc. before actually writing it onto a cd. A 4 minute track will get abruptly cut off at the 2 minute mark and you hear nothing but silence till the end of the track. Does anyone know why this is? The song is in its entirety when I play the original mp3/wav file on my computer. Why doesn't it record properly? VERY ANNOYING.

Secondly, on some of my tracks, I hear a weird noise (sort of like when a DJ scratches a record and thus the verse repeats itself like a remix-VERY ANNOYING).

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I hate wasting perfectly good CD-Rs and having to redownload songs. Its very difficult when the song sounds perfect and plays in its entirety on your computer but is chopped off when burned to a cd.

I have an HP CD Writer 9100i and am using Adaptec Easy CD Creator 3.5c.

Thank you.
Old May 01, 2003, 12:36 AM
suspended

The 9100i has been around for quite a while so yours may need cleaning. In the sticky Audio Software Links & Tutorials, there are some links that show you how to clean the inside of a CD drive.

Also try Nero to see if it helps.
Old May 01, 2003, 08:18 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Van Nugent [/i]
[B]The 9100i has been around for quite a while so yours may need cleaning. In the sticky Audio Software Links & Tutorials, there are some links that show you how to clean the inside of a CD drive.

Also try Nero to see if it helps. [/B]
Thanks for your reply. I'm not too computer savvy? How do I access the Audio Software Links & Tutorials? Is that part of the CD writing software? Also what is Nero? Is it a program or cleaning software? Thanks.

Imran
Old May 01, 2003, 01:58 PM
suspended

When you go to the Audio forum, you'll several sticky threads at the top.