CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 01, 2011, 05:33 AM
Default GF2 vs GH2-Convert Aunsoft Panasonic DMC-GF2 1080i AVCHD to FCP/FCP 7

sponsored links

Eye-catching : Tuesday Specials Products Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac with 20% Discount Only March 1, 2011
Panasonic DMC-GF2 vs Panasonic DMC-GH2

Panasonic DMC GF2 and GH2 are Panasonic's recommended interchangeable lens cameras, each has its special features. The GF2 is seen as the lightest and smallest digital SLR camera of Panasonic, while the GH2 is distinguished from its G-series contemporaries by its video shooting capabilities.

When facing the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2, the choice between them is not easy. As Panasonic's new G-series SLR digital cameras, both the GF2 and GH2 have powerful features and good performance. The GH2 has a multi-aspect Live CMOS with 18.3 million total pixels, ISO range 160 - 12800 and touch-sensitive LCD screen. The GF2, by contrast, has a live CMOS sensor with 13.06 million total pixels, ISO 100-6400 in 1/3EV steps and a 3.0 inch touch sensative LCD screen. In addition, one big same feature is that they both support 1080i AVCHD and 720p AVCHD Lite video recording.

How to Edit DMC-GF2 AVCHD Recordings on Mac with FCP or FCP 7?

Personally I have chose GF2, I like this camera and always take it to record my life. After shot, I like to use Final Cut to edit videos from GF2 and then make into a DVD. However, Final Cut Studio does not import the DMC-GF2 1080/60i AVCHD Videos. Via Google, I find that Aunsoft DMC-GF2 AVCHD/AVCHD Lite Converter for Mac is the recommended program to convert Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 AVCHD files/ AVCHD Lite files to Apple ProRes for FCP/FCP 7 without rendering.

Tip: Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 4444, introduced in Final Cut Studio, was advertised to one of the codecs to result in less compression and higher data rate/higher quality files for HD editing in Final Cut Pro.

Here is the step-by-step guide for you to import and edit Panasonic DMC-GF2 1080/60i or 720p MTS to Final Cut on iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X like Snow Leopard.

Step 1. Load Lumix GF2 AVCHD videos to Aunsoft GF2 AVCHD Converter for Mac.
After connecting Panasonic GF2 camera to iMac, copy and transfer the AVCHD Lite files from Lumix DMC-GF2 camera through the PRIVATE > AVCHD > BDMW > STREAM folder to Apple hard drive disk. Run Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as the best Mac DMC-GF2 MTS to FCP/FCP7 converter, and click the “Add” button to load the 1080i or 720p .mts videos.

Step 2. Choose Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro.
Click the "Format" option, and navigate the mouse cursor to Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format. The AVCHD to ProRes 422 converter will transcode Panasonic DMC-GF2 1080i AVCHD, 720P AVCHD Lite to Final Cut Pro native format.

Step 3. Convert DMC-GF2 AVCHD/AVCHD Lite to ProRes MOV for Final Cut.
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the Mac Lumix AVCHD video converter will start the batch conversion from Lumix 1080i AVCHD to ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro/FCP 7 with the best quality.

After converting the MTS files, just import the output files to Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express(FCE) 4) and the video is in HD 1920×1080. You can also import the output videos to iMovie 8/9 for editing in full HD.

Tips: If you want to edit Lumix DMC-GF2 AVCHD Files in Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Avid, Sony Vegas.etc ,just free download the Windows 7 DMC-GF2 AVCHD converter for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:46 AM

42% off of Aunsoft SWF Flash Videos to YouTube MP4/FLV Converter-Upload SWF to YouTube
SWF is a file format for multimedia in the Adobe Flash environment. And this video format functions as the dominant format for displaying "animated" vector graphics on the Web. To make full use of its flexibility, many people like businessman, teacher and graphic designer prefer to do some vivid flash videos to share with their audience. To be disappointed, the difficulty of uploading SWF files to YouTube or other web may make people frustrated.
Your vivid SWF flash videos can not be uploaded to YouTube until you transcode SWF files to MP4 or FLV video format with SWF flash video to MP4 or FLV Converter. Aunsoft SWF Converter is the most recognised program to convert and edit SWF flash videos.
The following guide will show you how to convert SWF video to FLV or MP4 for YouTube or other web uploading.
Step 1. Load SWF flash video to Aunsoft SWF Converter.
Run Aunsoft SWF Converter and click “Add” button to import flash video to be converted. You are allowed to preview flash videos in the preview window on the right.
Step 2. Choose MP4 or FLV as output video format for uploading onto YouTube.
Click “Format’ option and choose HD Video-> H.264 HD Video(*.mp4) as the exported video format. If you prefer to choose FLV video for YouTube, you can choose FLV as output video in Flash Video option.

To get the proper video for YouTube or web uploading, video parameters settings are allowed to do by clicking “Settings” button. There you are free to adjust video size, set its Frame rate, Bit rate and keep 5.1 audio channel.
Step 3. Start SWF to Youtube MP4 conversion.
Hit “Convert” button on the right bottom and this SWF Flash video to Youtube MP4 conversion will be started immediately.
Finally, fill in your YouTube user name and password, your SWF files will be uploaded to YouTube for sharing all over the world.
Big Saving Tips:
As this week special offer, Aunsoft SWF Converter will presented to you with 42% off. You can get this big saving from Aunsoft Every Tuesday Special Offer.

Old May 11, 2011, 04:32 AM

AVCHD to AIC-Join Panasonic TM900 1080 60p AVCHD Footage to AIC for Editing in iMovie 8 and Keep Highest Quality

More Article About Merge/Join avchd/mts/m2ts for Mac:

Merge Sony CX560 avchd files Mac
Join Sony CX700 avchd Mac
Join Camcorder files for Mac
Join Panasonic TM900 avchd to AIC
Merge TM700 avchd files for Mac for Burning/Authoring

The Panasonic HDC-TM900 is the successor to the HDC-TM700, one of the hottest camcorders in 2010. The TM900 offers the same fantastic video performance as its predecessor, particularly with its widely-praised 1080/60p mode. As one Mac use, I noticed that iMovie 8 is claimed to support AVCHD video files from Panasonic TM700 on Apple official web. But when I tried to import my Panasonic TM9001080/60P AVCHD files to iMovie 8, I found that iMovie saw them but I can't select them. And then I have to try copying the m2ts files onto an external firewire drive and iMovie still does not find it.

For now, it seems that iMovie '08 doesn't accept all the various flavors of AVCHD files. So I have to google "import Panasonic TM900 1080p MTS to iMovie 8", and finally I got a nice solution with the recommendation of one HDCam program named Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac. The highlighted point of this program is its right output video format of Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) for easily and quickly importing into iMovie. Although AIC video files take more space, but it features high performance and quality, being less processor intensive to work with than other editing formats.

The following guide is my experience of converting Panasonic HDC TM900 1080 60P MTS files to AIC with Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.

Step 1. Capture and import 1080p video files directly from Panasonic HDC TM900 to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
Click “Wizard” and all footages of your camcorder will be showed on the Camcorder window. Then click Next button and choose Import instead of Backup to import PanasonicTM900 MTS files to Final Mate for Mac more quickly. After this, imported footages will be lying in camcorder tab.

Step 2. Create a Movie for converting Panasonic TM900 1080P MTS files to AIC.

There are two ways for you to create a Movie for converting imported 1080 60P MTS files. –The easiest one is dragging and dropping displayed MTS files from Camcorder Tab area to a single Movie.
-Another way is clicking the drop-down button of “Add Movie” icon and choose “For Conversion” to create a blank movie. And then drag and drop the video clips from Camcorder Tab to the blank movie in Movies Tab. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for conversion.

Step 3. Export AIC video file for iMovie 8.
Click the Export button and choose “Export into Editor”. Follow QuickTime Movie Format > Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov) to choose output format for editing in FCE/iMovie. Finally click OK to start converting 1080/60p MTS files to AIC.

Once the conversion is done, you can directly import the output AIC MOV files to iMovie 8 for editing and make your movies.

Wanna convert Panasonic AVCHD camcorder videos, Join Panasonic TM900 1080 60p AVCHD Footage to AIC for Editing in iMovie 8 on Mac, please use Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac.