CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 22, 2002, 10:55 PM

Default xbox live and backups?

sponsored links

Hey i got a question, is there a way for MS to make sure that backups dont run on xbox live (something like warez on pc where u cant play it online cuz of invalid cd keys), or if not, do u think cd keys will be coming to xbox live?
Old Oct 23, 2002, 12:02 AM

I read somewhere that the newer games released will have some kind of program that checks your bios, and if it isn't a particular one it will upgrade your bios so your chip won't work. I could be wrong but this is what I heard.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 02:23 AM

all i know is that i heard a rumor that if M$ catches you using a backup on live they tear up your subscription. but again this is speculation. i myself have tested burned beta versions of the game, which do work. and as far as the bios upgrade, i had moto gp update my bios and lost my evoX. but i went back into my xbox and put evoX back on and renamed the live dash to correspond with ms dashboard. now i read xbox-scene that a guy tried the go-live option on unreal beta and it crashed his xbox. something with the updated bios needed and evoX not working. but don't get freaked out, he did something else, i forgot what it was (it's listed on the site) and he fixed his box. so i don't know about any of you guys, but i won't be trying to play backups on live for a while.

jb
Old Oct 23, 2002, 07:58 AM

hi people i have 3 modded xbox's but only 1 has the evo dashboard on it so if i use a xbox that has'nt got evo dashboard installed just the ms dashboard i should have no problems with xbox live...unless they find out im playing backups........correct or have i missed something???
Old Oct 23, 2002, 08:41 AM

yea i dunno MISKIN thats a great question, cuz i still have the regular dash with the xecutioner bios, so if anyone knows if its just a dash thing let us know pls.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:27 AM
Veteran

god i wish i understood all the bios things..... Is xbox live any good?