CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 14, 2002, 08:43 PM
Veteran

Default 2 hard drives. 1 is FAT32 and 1 is NTSF

sponsored links

i have 2 hard drives in my pc. i am running WIN XP PRO. for some reason the master HD is FAT32 and my slave HD is NTFS. the slave HD is on a raid card.

my question is will the 2 HD being different cause any problems? i get a blue screen that that is an error. i have to either press power or reset and turn off the pc. then when it starts back up it says the system is recovering from a fatal error. and ask to send the report. it happens about twice a week.

1 more question. if i change the 2 HD to match will i lose any info? i would hate to ruin it. i have almost 100 xbox games saved on my HD's.

thanks for your input!
Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:19 PM

This is not causing your blue screen of death it shouldn't affect anything in your pc. If iwas you I'd convert both hd's to NTFS just for the seurity. Use the convert tool in XP and windows help will give you the right switches to use and you should not lose any data but I would backup first just in case
Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:20 PM
Veteran

damn. i wonder why its doing this then.

thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 14, 2002, 11:17 PM
Veteran

Default Re: 2 hard drives. 1 is FAT32 and 1 is NTSF

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by freakit [/i]
[B]my question is will the 2 HD being different cause any problems? i get a blue screen that that is an error. i have to either press power or reset and turn off the pc. then when it starts back up it says the system is recovering from a fatal error. and ask to send the report. it happens about twice a week.
[/B]

Don't think it would cause any problems... and you can just disable error reporting!

Open System Properties (WinKey + Pause Break), Advanced, Error Reporting, Select Disable Error Reporting.

HTH
Old Sep 15, 2002, 08:00 AM
Veteran

where can i find this. win xp pro is new to me. i'm use to win 98 se. thanks for the help
Old Sep 17, 2002, 07:13 PM
Veteran

Default Re: Re: 2 hard drives. 1 is FAT32 and 1 is NTSF

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by orson88 [/i]
[B]

Open System Properties (WinKey + Pause Break), Advanced, Error Reporting, Select Disable Error Reporting.

HTH [/B]
where do i find this? please help. this XP is driving me crazy.