CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 15, 2002, 09:07 PM
Banned

Talking is there a way to identify what hardware that i got? I need drivers!

sponsored links

Hi, I have a computer factory windows xp home edition preinstalled, anyways the preinstalled got all the drivers that my PC needed...

but then I lost the windows xp factory disk so i have to install in my windows 2k pro. but the win2k doesn't got all the drivers that i need like my sound card, video, ethernet card drivers!!!

and the things here is that I don't know what kind of sound card or video card I have....

so is there a way or a program that i can use to identify what kind of video card, sound card and other hardware in my PC that doesn't yet has a drivers installed?

Thanks a lot for any helps!!! lol!!!
Old Nov 15, 2002, 09:35 PM
Veteran

You could try going to system properties and see if it says what the device is otherwise you can open your PC up and take a look at the cards it's normally written in white on the board. HTH
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:01 PM
Banned

is there another ways without opening up my pc...... and for the system propeties, lol , if there isn't a drivers then how can it identify which hardware it is!!! lol

but thx for the info......
Old Nov 15, 2002, 11:49 PM
suspended

Unfortunately, when Windows can't recognize the hardware, I don't think any software can help. You should have gotten the hardware info while WinXp was still operational.

If your sound, video and NIC are mobo integrated, identifying the mobo will help. Try [url=***********.sisoftware.co.uk/]Sandra.

Otherwise, as said above, you'll need to pull the cards off to check for makes/models.
Old Nov 16, 2002, 03:37 AM
Veteran

Also may want to try this

***********.aida32.hu/aida32.php

Smiffy
Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:42 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by thisiscoo [/i]
[B]if there isn't a drivers then how can it identify which hardware it is!!! lol [/B]
On my PC when i format and reinstall windows recognises all my hardware except the graphics card and shows the name of the hardware.