CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2004, 06:48 PM
Veteran

Question Windows XP refresh rate in games

sponsored links

Okay guys, recently upgraded to an ATi graphics card. Now the nVidia card I used before and a very good Refresh Rate overide so that any of my games that didn't specify refresh rates would run at a standard rate rather than 60hz which is terrible. Now the ATi drivers do have a refresh lock option, but to say it's crap is an insult to crap everywhere. Take for instance Counter-Strike 1.6. With the nVidia drivers, it would just run happily at 75hz. The ATi drivers will force it to start in 75hz but as soon as I minimize CS (I like to play music through Winamp) and go back in, the refresh will reset to 60hz.

I know I could live with it, but after paying 350 for the new 9800XT, I WANT IT TO RUN at my refresh rates, not 60hz. I know this is technically an XP problem, but still, nVidia sorted it, why can't ATi?

So my question, does anyone know of a DECENT refresh rate control application. Preferably one that works like the nVidia drivers did (You get a list of resolutions, you set the refresh to go with it, save, done).

Thanks guys, I'm sure there are others out there who have this problem.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:52 PM
Veteran

Thinking back in my memory, microsoft knew about the refresh reset and released an update ages ago. Make sure your system is up to date on the windows update website. if it is check out their faq's section to see if there is a fix there.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 08:00 PM
suspended

I'm not at all sure if [url=***********.rage3d.com/index.php?node=r3dtweak][b]Rage3D Tweak[/b] is decent, but you might want to give it a try.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 08:30 PM
Veteran

Try ********penza.fio.ru/res/ReForce.exe

Apply once and prob solved
Old Jan 23, 2004, 02:15 AM

how do I know my refresh rate while in a game?
Old Jan 23, 2004, 03:33 AM
Veteran

Thank you ElaineM!

Rage3D Tweak does exactly what I needed and gives me a whole load more control too.

Thanks again !