CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 21, 2002, 07:52 PM

Default My CD-RW discs do not formatt

sponsored links

I recently purchased a liteonit CD drive (32X12X40X) with Nero Burning ROM 5.5.9.0 and InCD 3.31.

As a test I picked up some Memorex CD-RW discs (700MB and 4X multispeed). I placed a blank disc in the CD drive and the InCD software immediately popped up. I followed the prompts to go through the udf formatting and after about 5 minutes received the following error message: "Disk error occurred. Reboot your computer and try again. Please insert a new disc"

I tried this with 4 more discs and although some ran 5 minutes and others 45 minutes I always got the same error message. When I tried to run the program with these same discs the program would not detect them.

As a comparison, I was sucessfully able to run the Nero burner using a CD-R liteon disc that came with the software.

Is my problem with the CD type? the program? or all the above. Has anyone else had a problem with Memorex CDs. If so, are their some recommended brands of CD-R, CD-RW discs I should be using?

Any input is appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2002, 08:19 PM

Have you any other type of packet writing software installed ?

Such as PacketCd or DirectCd ..