CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 23, 2002, 04:03 AM
Default Anyone Have Problems Installing ActiveSync 3.x on your PC

sponsored links

I got an ipaq 3700 but i can't seem to install active sync 3.5 that came with the ipaq onto my pc .

I then tried downloading activesync 3.5 and 3.6 from the microsoft website- but when installing them- they both started the set up ok copying files over, but then stopped without finishing the install.

I have some antivirus and firewall software installed and was wondering if i needed to disable them before installing the activesync software.

I made the mistake of connecting the ipaq to one of the usb ports which it said you shouldn't do before installing activesync- could this be the problem?
I have removed the usb connection and rebooted but it still doesn't install

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys!!
Old Oct 23, 2002, 04:54 AM

It is always recommended to disable your AV or anything else that is running in the background before attempting to install anything. Even your firewall, if it is causing problems, of course reinstating it as soon as possible. I've never had a problem until recently. I think that ZoneAlarm Pro 3 doesn't want to allow anything to install unless it is disabled. Which can be considered good or bad, depending on how you view it. You might need to download it again to reactivate the install. Of course make sure that it isn't connected to the USB ports before attempting another download.