CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 21, 2002, 02:33 PM

sponsored links

justv a thought u have chipped your psx i hope
Old Aug 21, 2002, 02:40 PM

resident evil 3 needs to be patched first befor you burn it back to disc as it as modchip protection i had to patch it as well for my plug mod
to make this game work you will need cdrwin to creatate the image on your you hard drive first then you you can download the patch at megga games come then ppf o matic to apply the patch and then reburn to disc with cdrwin
Old Aug 22, 2002, 05:01 AM

Exclamation RE3

I'm trying to back-up RE3 nemesis.It's the NSTC version and I went to megagames and their wasn't a patch for the NSTC version. Today I tried CDRWIN on it and it still didn't work. Oh yes, I have the starchip in my PS2. I bought the game used and I noticed that it's pretty scratchy. Could that be the reason for it not backing up? Although it plays in my PS2. Also the game Spyro the dragon 3 when I put it in my PS2 it stops playing and puts a Red Stop sign on the screen saying the console has been modified and a phone # to call. Does the patch for this game get rid of this protection. ALL these questions. I think it's cheaper just to buy the back-up!!!!!. It's my not being able to do it that keeps me going on it!!! It's become an all consuming battle now.( As I wave the white flag!!!) Here are the stats for my PC -PIII,LG8320b cdrw,40gig HD, Via chipset with the latest Via 4in1 drivers, WinME. As if any of this matters. Thanks to all help and info providers. Zellar.

Last edited by zellar; Aug 22, 2002 at 05:05 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2002, 03:43 PM

if th resident evil 3 you are trying to backup is for psx 1 the patch is at megga games com it is protection fix and a trainer aswell if its ps 2 then you are currect no patch
Old Aug 23, 2002, 06:29 PM

Well now i'm really stumped. Resident Evil 3 Nemesis!!! As you know I tried to back it up with no luck. Each copy would freeze on the PSX Logo. So today I bought 7 back-ups. All six worked and the &th would freeze on the PSX Logo. You got it Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. I called the back-up guy right away and he said his copy worked and it doesn't need a patch. I have a Starchip and it boots everything. Anyone have the same trouble with this game? My back-up guy is stumped also!!! WTF!